Sunday, September 14, 2008

REWIND...

After viewing both of my sisters' blogs (and all of Erica's friends blogs) I finally decided to jump on the bandwagon and create one of my own. It's not a bad way to keep family and friends in the loop of what's going on in our lives. Please be patient as we catch you up to speed on what's been going on with The McGinn's in Irvine.

Since Mike and I have only been married for one year, I thought I'd rewind a bit and begin with our engagement (If I started from the very beginning of our relationship, we'd be here for HOURS so I won't bore you).
I picked out the pictures, but Mike stole my computer and wrote the captions. I think they're pretty funny so I'm going to leave them... Enjoy!

OUR ENGAGEMENT

Mike's life savings can be worn on a finger... see?


Some hot tongue action.


More evidence of global warming?


Most girls only lift one leg when they kiss. We're overachievers!


Mike's showing some leg.


OUR WEDDING

The start of a long uphill battle.


This tree was alive when we started taking pictures.



Our friends are better looking than we are.


Who's flowers are bigger? THAT'S RIGHT, BABY!


She comes from good stock.


My future's so bright that I have to wear shades.



She's thinking, "somebody better have some candy for me when I get down there."


PART ONE OF OUR HONEYMOON (RIVIERA MAYA, MEXICO)


They missed a note so Jonica wouldn't let me tip them.


She's stuck with that for the rest of her life. She must have lost a bet.


It wasn't easy, but we were finally able to find an available beach chair.

PART TWO OF OUR HONEYMOON (NEW YORK CITY)


We plan to wear matching clothes for the rest of our lives.


Jonica thought it was weird that Jason invited himself on our honeymoon.


She's thinking, "Hopefully, he'll see these pictures and he'll be convinced to shave that thing. "

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect honeymoon... 6 days in Mexico and 4 days in NYC. We got to experience the best of both worlds.
Thanks for viewing and stay tuned for more postings.

11 comments:

Erica said...

hi

Erica said...

So Fun, im glad u got it up and running.. so did Jason really meet up with you on your honeymoon? I need that picture of Jules!!!

Jonica McGinn said...

Yeah, my first comment! Thanks sis! Jason happened to be in NY for business during the same week of our honeymoon so we thought it would be fun to meet up with him for a night.

mamamode said...

Hello McGinn's! What cute pictures. Thanks for sharing and jumping on the blog bandwagon :)

mamamode said...

Shoot! sorry - that was my other blogger ID. Mamamode is Karla (my other blog, which I fail to update regularly). Besides, I guess now you have LOTS of comments!!

Megan said...

YAH!!! Welcome Jonica! So fun...it is such a great way to stay connect in all of our busy lives!
I'm gonna add you to my blog love! hope you don't mind.

lindseyflood said...

Hey Jonica! I finally got the chance to sit down and read your blog. (I've been meaning to for a while) The pictures from your wedding are beautiful! And Mike's captions were so funny I'm glad you kept them! Look forward to your next post...

Unknown said...

Jonica...I want more!

Megan said...

Oops! Sorry Jonica, I just realized i was logged in under our joint account (that's why it says Jason)! SORRY!!

Erica said...

okay sis, im waiting for more... fill us in on current stuff!!! I love you sis and I enjoyed having you and Mike over on Sunday for dinner.

PS, Can i give you money to order some of those pics of Julia from your wedding?

Jonica McGinn said...

Hey sis! Of course you can get you some pics. All I have to do is make copies at Costco so no charge to you.